Korean Scalp Care VS. Western hair care
Always wondered how Korean hair care is different from Western hair care? It all starts with the scalp! Koreans treat their scalp differently than their hair resulting in different products for hair and scalp. Proper scalp care can help you with loads of scalp issues such as dandruff, dead skin, oiliness, and irritation but it also contributes to healthy hair as it promotes blood circulation.
How to use a scalp care massage brush in the shower
- Start by wetting your hair and scalp. Make sure your hair is thoroughly soaked
- Apply a scalp care shampoo such as the Aromatica Rosemary Scalp Scaling Shampoo or the Tea Tree Purifying Shampoo to your hands and lather into a foam.
- Use your hands to apply the foam to your scalp and start massaging with your fingertips for a minute or so.
- Now take your scalp care massage brush and start from the crown of your head and massage in circular directions over the whole surface of the scalp. Apply slight pressure and increase your pressure the more you are used to the brush. Your scalp may tingle a bit in the process because of the blood flow but don’t be worried this is what we want!
- Now apply the excess foam to the rest of your hair and massage it into your locks.
- Rinse your hair and follow up with a conditioner such as the Aromatica Rosemary Hair Thickening Conditioner or the Tea Tree Purifying Conditioner. Rinse after a few minutes and dry the hair.
- Apply a scalp treatment tonic such as the Aromatica Tea Tree Purifying Tonic or the Rosemary Active V Anti-Hair Loss Tonic.
How to use a scalp care massage brush on dry hair
Besides using this brush in the shower you can also use this brush on dry hair. This helps promote blood circulation, minimizes headaches, and helps release stress. This is the perfect thing to do right before you go to sleep to help your head relax.
- Apply a hair serum or neutral facial oil to your hands and distribute evenly over the hair. You can also apply a little to the brush instead. A nice and relaxing hair serum to use for this routine is the Aromatica Argan Repairing Essence
- Take your regular hairbrush or the scalp care massage brush and comb all your hair over from the left side to the right side until all your hair is on one side.
- Repeat the process on the other side.
- Comb over all your hair from the back to the front.
- Finally use the scalp care massage brush and apply slight pressure to the scalp while going in circular motions. Go over the whole surface of the scalp.
- Rinse the brush with warm water and wipe with a paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
Before shampooing, brush your hair with a wooden brush to promote blood circulation.
while shampooing, Massage your scalp with fingertips and the Korean Scalp Care Massage Brush slowly moving in the direction of the hairline.
After shampooing, rinse thoroughly with a little cold water to relax the scalp and give the hair a glossy look.